The 9 Pillars of Permanent Weight Loss
For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Mike MacKinnon. I’m a personal trainer in Mississauga and the GTA, and I’m also a weight loss and life coach. I offer online life coaching, online personal training and online weight loss coaching as well. But today’s blog isn’t about me, it’s about my bud Tony Vassallo, the “Man on a Nutrition Mission.”
Tony, owner at MODA nutrition, is the real deal. He’s a guy who lost 130 lbs 6 years ago, and has been maintaining it ever since. He’s also a nutritionist, and author of a cookbook titled “Weight Loss Never Tasted So Good.” You can buy it here at Amazon.ca if you’d like:
Tony offers a weekly weight loss support group on Saturday mornings from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. The support is awesome, as well as are the guest speakers and the ideas shared. If you’ve struggled with losing weight, then Tony’s group might just be the support structure you need.
You can contact him at 416-829-5728, or Tony@ModaNutrition.com. You won’t regret reaching out to him!
Recently he unveiled what are known as the “9 Pillars of Permanent Weight Loss.” I’ll be blogging my thoughts on what each of these mean over the next 5 weeks, so stay tuned. In my opinion, these pillars are essential to anyone who wants to lose weight, and keep it off. Here they are:
- SURRENDER. I unconditionally yield to change.
- BELIEFin a better me. I am deserving and able to achieve a healthy weight forever.
- BE FEARLESS. I have the strength to persevere.
- HONESTY. I’m HONEST to myself regarding my food intake and quantities.
- MINDSET. I have a healthy relationship with food.
- ACCEPTING SETBACKS. I have only positive self-talk so my past will not hold me back from my future.
- Setting BOUNDARIES. I live in an environment of structure, people, and places that support my lifestyle.
- CONSTANT GROWTH. This journey will provide me with continuous wisdom and personal growth.
- AWARENESS. I have a clear understanding that complacency can lead me back to a place I never want to be again.
IMHO these pillars are ESSENTIAL for anyone who wants to finally get it done. Consider what these mean for yourself, and stay tuned for my blogs on each over the next month or so!
If you found my blog helpful, please share it with your friends.
If you’d like more cool free stuff like this, please like my page Fit in 20 here: https://www.facebook.com/Fitin20-1554565138093465/.